Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This thing called love

Oh how I miss home!!!!

I LOVE this place, but wish so bad the people I love could be in the place I love with me!

It’s been RIDICULOUSLY too long since I’ve last posted and I am SO sorry!

I hope everyone had a GREAT holiday season and has had a wonderful start to this new year!!

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY WEEK!!!! :)

I seriously can NOT believe it’s already the middle of February!! I’m back in school, officially more than half way done with my time here!

We just finished our first two weeks of classes, which are called intensives. They’re different classes than the ones we’ll take on a weekly basis and they last for all day of every day basically.

I can’t explain to you how good it feels to be back in school. Seriously, the anticipation and sense of a new season has been in swing since last semester ended, and now its here, unfolding! I’m SO PUMPED!

Seriously, I couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas break, but I can’t wait to get back into the swing of things, in a new way! :)

Just so everyone IS aware, some of you have heard, the boy who has my heart is currently residing in the same hemisphere, country, city, and apartment complex as me! :) Max, is staying! Our break and the time we thought we had was wonderful, but God totally made it clear and opened the doors for him to be able to stay here for this semester.

Honestly, can I just take a moment to tell you guys WHY he’s so amazingly wonderful and God knew I needed Him here this semester?

I’ve been super homesick the past 2 weeks, just missing my family and wanting to be back in Georgia with an actual winter! SO, knowing this Max didn’t make plans for Valentine’s day… or so I thought when I’d spent all day making him Cupcakes and made it down to the courtyard to meet Him 2 hours after we were first suppose to, and he asks me what I want to do for the night. Frustrated doesn’t even begin to cover how upset I was! I didn’t want to have to make plans, or decide anything and when his schedule had been what I’d known it to be on Monday, I was not a happy girl when he asked me what I wanted to do. However, I was VERY wrong when we let me out on the balcony to see where he’d set dinner up for the two of us along with his laptop and my new favourite black and white movie “Adam’s Rib” there as well. Come to find out he’d been in the kitchen all day and skyped my mom to figure out how to cook my favourite dishes of hers. Seriously, could I be more blessed?!? God knows… all the time he knows what we each need, and for me, in order to make it through this semester and NOT getting on a plane, He knew I was going to need him here if it was even only for valentine’s day! Oh my gracious… I love that Boy, but I love God even more!! Because its God who’s given him to me, and has made him the way he is!! I’m so blessed! :)

It’s been so cool already to be here with Him, and serve together! Honestly, what better place could I ask to be apart of and have the man I love with me. Serving alongside and being poured into by this place I’ve come to know as home.

Honestly, I really feel like God’s about to do a lot of new things. I’m still serving in all of the same places, still working HEAPS!! But I’ve decided to be diligent with what’s in my hand. This is a new thing for me! I’m going to be content and give where I’m serving all that I have to give of my best. My dreams seemed to be much bigger and not connected to serving in choir on Sunday’s, going to nursing homes every Saturday and serving as basically a Crowd control leader for all of those at Northway, but I’ve come to realize this is the crucial time. I’m never going to be 100% ready for what’s in my heart, but not honouring God in the meantime, doesn’t make me more capable. I’m not too good for these things… it’s a privilege to begin with to say that I’m apart of God’s family, and I’ve come to realize that while I have a huge desire for worship and to see the nations in worship, my heart is to see God’s kingdom come and expand here on earth and the big picture is made up of the small things.

I can’t even begin to explain what all God’s done in the last two months while I haven’t even been in school, but it’s just the beginning! Hillsong isn’t the dream, it’s the beginning of the dream, and the Lord knew it was going to be needed in the process of me being more healthy and capable to carrying the dream he’s entrusted to me!

Part of what he’s entrusted to me is keeping you all updated and posted on what’s going on in my life! And I promise, to try and do better! I just get so behind that I feel like there’s SO much to catch you all up on, I don’t have time to catch you up unless I sit down and make sure I have uninterrupted time!

I miss you all SO much!!!!! Praying for you all constantly! Crazy that our God is big enough to move here in my life, and move in your in the other hemisphere on the completely opposite side of the world. I LOVE OUR GOD!!!!!

This semester is going to be full on with our Women’s conference and Hillsong Conference, along with song-writing classes! It’s going to be so good though! I’m pumped! Full on but so good and full of God’s presence and spirit!

I love you all, and thank you all for your prayers! I promise to have another update soon! :)

Also, I moved. I’m pretty sure I told you all in my last update, but my new address for any of you who feel led to give or just want to send a letter , is:

373/8 Lachlan St.

Waterloo, NSW 2017

Australia

Love,

Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment