Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's been WAY too long!!

I am SO sorry it’s been so long since I’ve updated all of you!!! It’s been CRAZY busy, and It’s only getting busier!!! It’s INSANE! But great! :) Please pray for strength and rest for me! It’s already been really rough only having one day a week to rest, but now I don’t even have that!! I already got sick last week, and I pray it’s the last time while I’m here, but who knows with my schedule!! So please just pray for protection from sickness and strength and alertness during my VERY long days!!

SO… here’s what’s been going on!! Where to even start??? I GOT A JOB!!! :) Every wed. from 9-5, I will be at the church taking care of the Children’s minister’s baby boy, Orlando. I’m not sure how much I’ll be making yet, but the Lord’s provided the job, I know he’ll provide the amount I need, and if not here, he’ll provide the time and the place to get another job. YAY GOD!!! :)

Church has been incredible!! God’s just been DOING work in my heart and with things I didn’t know still chained me!! Not there yet, but I know he’s gonna free me from them SOON!! It’s been hard, but that’s why he brought me here!! I have SO many things I didn’t even know I needed to sort through!

There’s lots of stuff going on around me that’s testing my personal beliefs and it’s been REALLY trying challenging, but it’s got me digging and finding the truth for myself and shaping MY thoughts. It’s been a struggle, to even find the time to personally seek out my questions, but it’s been good when I have!!

We’ve got the new CD recording the first weekend in November and I’m PUMPED!!!!!!! :) It’s gonna be awesome!! I can’t wait!! The only issue with Worship here, is it doesn’t go long enough!!

Honestly though, I can’t even begin to explain ALL that God’s doing!! He’s testing and trying me in ways I didn’t think I needed to grow in!! He’s FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!! Teaching me how to love ALLLLLLL people!!! Different personalities, different ages, different hygiene, different cultures, different understandings!! It’s been SO hard!! Especially Saturday mornings with the Embrace team (going to nursing homes) I HATE it, but I know God has me there!! I’m just praying and asking that it’s not longer than it has to be!! OH, ONLY JESUS!!! Have you ever had those?? ONLY because Jesus is putting you there, are you capable… this is my ONLY YOU JESUS!!!

OH gracious!! It’s past the roses and green pastures!! Still in them, but the shock and newness of them have worn off, it’s becoming familiar in a sense, but God’s still God!!

It’s been really weird for it to wear off, because it’s HILLSONG, It’s AUSTRALIA… my DREAM and ambition for the last 5 years, and it’s here!! I’m here!! It’s weird!! Honestly, God’s teaching me that things WILL wear off, regardless of how long we’ve wanted them!! Things will become familiar, BUT He’s still God regardless! He’s still placed us there, he’s still IN control, and has purpose!! He still died, and I’m still unworthy without him!! The issues I had back home WILL follow me and won’t just not be an issue anymore because it’s a new place, but they’re actually something I’m going to have to work and process through, and I can!! Regardless of how much work some of the things are, because of CHRIST, I can!!! It’s worth it, because my life has purpose, and can be used to make his name more famous, because I choose to go through the fire!! “This is my prayer fire, in weakness or trial or pain…. There is a faith proved of more worth than gold, SO REFINE ME LORD THROUGH THE FLAME!!!”

I was reading in Ecclesiastes 2 earlier last week, and God totally just WHOOSHED down on me!! It was just me and God, at the coffee shop, I was reading my bible, already journaled, just wanted to spend time with him, and he totally gave me a glimpse of how worthy he is. The author is talking about what’s the point of life under the sun? Some people of wise and some are foolish, some people bust their bums to succeed and achieve and prosper… for what?? To die and pass it on to someone who could destroy everything you strived for your entire life in a matter of a few years?? It’s crazy!! REALLY, what’s the point???? The point is, he revealed to me, that the wise and the foolish ALL face the same day of judgment!!! Being knowledgeable and successful in this life, doesn’t save you from eternity!! Being wise doesn’t set you apart from the world, what sets you apart is HIS name, and how you live under it!! Life, LITERALLY has NO PURPOSE, without his name attached to yours!! It’s one of those “BUT God…” things!! Nothing under the sun means anything, none of it has a purpose, BUT because GOD chose us, we can have life and know purpose!! ONLY through HIS name is that possible!! It was a way cool moment, and it’s been a daily revelation since then, just a little more and more each day!! SO cool!!!! :) That’s our God!!!

Anyways, this is long as usual!! Please just be praying over provision in finances and in my time management and strength and rest!! It’s already been challenging, but God’s got it!! I miss you ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m excited to be home in December, even if it’s just for a bit!! :) Australia is great, but there is NO place on this earth like home!! Especially not when all the people who have a piece of my heart are all in that place!! :) I love you guys, and am praying for ya’ll!!! (FYI… Ya’ll is totally a southern thing, I get picked on ALL the time from everyone for saying it, minus the few who are actually from the south too!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment